The night was quite rough, but at least I could sleep for a few hours. The 3 mm thick mattress, however, is somewhat thin. Not because of the convenience, but the lack of insulation. Had in the night, nor the Fleece jacket and pants, spread out on the mat as further insulation against the ground, then it went fine. Years ago I had
the mats on a long journey with a hitchhiker-friend who she was then great, but we were traveling in warmer climes. With winter nights outside on concrete but it is in the border area, so I would now prefer a real mattress - but of course not to inflate, because of the large weight. I will separately later a packing list and make suggestions for equipment.
Very pleasant in France are the bars that have opened in the morning at 7 clock already. The people keep on their way to work, drink their coffee and discuss the pre-evening television or read newspapers.
A bar is on this morning my first course. a Grand Café . In his toilet a little water on my face and brush your teeth. Only a Grand Café with a croissant. The day is saved. Fresh, as if nothing had happened, it goes on.
Desingy, 700 inhabitants. In the 19th century were still in Desingy counted 1,500 residents. The farming village stretches along a picturesque location on a gently sloping hillside to the north above the valley of Usses, east of the valley of the Rhone Valley, the Genevois. The church dates from the 11th St.Laurent Century, a beautiful Romanesque Choir has been preserved.
way, blue sky. A shell on the corner post shows that I'm on the right track.
It is hazy in the valleys. Today I will meet again in the bottom of the Rhone valley. It drains the Lac Leman in Geneva, I have passed there yesterday morning.
It goes through quiet forests. A startled way across the boar I would be surprised that now.
had the monastery Fischingen I bought this fruit bread. It is so nutritious that I only small Pieces can eat and am. As I sit and eat, running over a fox in a few meters, he does not notice me.
The paddock is so great that I do not see the end of it. Life in the country has great qualities.
The place Vens (350 m above sea level) on a ridge between the Rhone and Fier. Here is one of the few shrines Marie that I see in this area.
The river Rhône. It would be interesting to know whether I have the past flowing water already seen yesterday in Geneva. After
Le-Puy-en-Velay there are still 290 km. The red and white sign marks the GR65. GR stands for Grand Randonnée (Great Migration), 65 is the number of the path. The GR65 follows the Way of St. James across France to St. Jean-Pied-de-Port before crossing over the Pyrenees in the Basque country.
with the red and white signs are all over Europe marked long distance footpaths. One could easily follow the Way of Saint James without a map of Europe.
The trail is well marked, and alternative routes are marked. I'm running right now the way the Via Gebennensis , which runs from Geneva to Le-Puy-en-Velay. Since 1998, this trail is marked throughout, infrastructure along the way will always be further developed.
The fountain houses fascinate me, in summer they are probably meeting place or at least it was earlier. Laundry facilities, mailboxes central to the surrounding buildings and a bulletin board for news. Since the houses are well maintained so well, they probably still have their social function.
A few miles to Serrières-en-Chautagne, then call it a day. The forced march yesterday evening I still put in the bones. I do not begrudge today a nice French pension. Showers, laundry in the sink, then a little nap, lovely!
0 comments:
Post a Comment