The statement of Jesus in John 15.6 has to do with how I treat my spouse and my children. For single people, this includes how you treat roommate, fellow Christians, the people who are closest to you.
There is no way around it. If I am to be the man and the pastor called me to God, it must be my wife in the situation prior to heaven, hell and say to the world honestly... "loves my husband myself with the love of Christ, he makes mistakes, but he is always patient and understanding with me, he is affectionate and caring and he prays with me He is not a false fuffzig.. He is what he preaches. "
But if this is not the testimony of my wife is - if they have a secret sorrow in their hearts and think: "My husband is not the man of God he pretends to be '- then everything in my life for nothing. All my work - preaching, the successes, the charitable donations, the many trips - then run on anything out. I'll be a withered, useless branch that does not bear the fruit of Christ likeness. Jesus will bring others to see the death in me and I'll be there for his kingdom of little worth.
A middle-aged pastor and his wife were heartbroken and crying to me. The pastor told me tearfully, "Brother Dave, I have sinned against God and my wife I did not commit adultery.".
He trembled under godly sorrow to me when he confessed his sin. Then his wife turned to me and said softly: "I have forgiven him
his repentance is real for me, and I am confident that the Lord will restore us.."
I was privileged to witness the beginning of a wonderful healing. We can never make up for our past transgressions. But if there is true repentance, then God promises all the restore which have destroyed the locusts.
I wish every couple who delights in a Christ-centered marriage, that they stand up and tell the truth would be: "It is not easy." Marriage is a day-by-day effort in the same manner as it is the Christian life. As the way of the cross, it means that you daily, give up your rights. Of course, Satan knows that your heart is striving to be Christ-like in your home, so he is constantly bringing temptations.
No other school is so difficult and intense as the school of marriage. And you never obtained a degree. God makes it clear to us:
Our life with our loved ones is the tip, the extreme summit of all our tests. If we get it wrong here, we will also make it wrong everywhere else in our lives.
0 comments:
Post a Comment