Tuesday, August 9, 2005

What Do You Have To Buy For The National Guard

Tag 15: Bessey (F)-The Setoux ( F), 9 am, -3 ° C



The rest day has been good, I look forward to the stage today. The body has recovered enough only the feet make me a bit of worry, the swelling of the joints is not diminished.
I'm on the road early, the school bus drives over the country and collect the children. It must be a good day when one morning already direction Paradis running.



And indeed, the sky clears and the sun comes to the fore!



an experience once again to have distance vision and see what's in a beautiful place for you.



The mud on the roads and the snow is frozen hard. The wind in recent days has lain down to luck.



pulls However, after a few hours the sky again, it looks like snow.



Col de Banchet a hill between St-Julien-Molin-Molette and Bourg-Argental.



After the Col de Banchet it goes down into a valley, Bourg-Argental in it.



Bourg Argental is on the route to Le-Puy-En-Velay before a pass to 1083 Hm Suc des Trois Chiens next goes to 1365 Hm heavy traffic through the narrow streets of the provincial town . The metropolitan Saint-Étienne is 30 km away in the north-west.



The church of Saint-André in the center, the traffic tortures himself over it.



The church has a very nice portal with tympanum of the 12th Century with a representation of St. James, and pilgrims.



Who knows this picture is not, it hangs in almost every restaurant serving traditional cuisine. At this situation, I have to think in much more positive context, of course, when I walk up the long climb to the Forêt de Taillard . Suddenly steps are heard, then trudge down I see two people in the snow the forest.



I encounter two pilgrims!

Big surprise. No one expects that right here, right in the forest, other pilgrims opposite could occur. In my case it is even the first pilgrims that I see at all. Two tanned, cheerful people. His name is Raul, her name has escaped me, unfortunately.

you started running in August last year of Antwerp in Belgium to Santiago. On 6.ten December, two months ago today, they are then broken down in Santiago to retreat via Geneva. She will stay in Geneva with family, he will continue to return to Antwerp.

you warn me before the day tomorrow, which should lead to very icy roads and had been one of its most difficult stages. Then we say goodbye, Ultreia !

in the next couple weeks, I more often their names refer to the pilgrim books, after felting in churches and gites in France.

When I walk around at their own pace, so I'm in about two months in Santiago, at the 10th April.



St-Sauveur-en-Rue on the pass line. I think I need to pass, just below the fog, which is visible from here.



The forest is gorgeous. Close to forest workers are heard, with chainsaws and heavy equipment.



Here cross the GR7 and GR65, including the GR42 through this area, I must So take good care of the markers. Now I am in the mist, then it probably can not all be too far.



The snow is deep ...



... and dense fog.



With this image size, it is perhaps not quite to advantage. The yellow lichen on the trunk of the tree lights in the otherwise white surface.



Les-Setoux , a small farming village in 1142 Hm I'm glad to have finally arrived. In this fog I do not wish to run in the big woods. This saves me so far, fortunately remained. For safety, I'm attending a compass and orient myself in this weather regularly on the map. In the (real) mountains I've seen weather conditions and upheavals that have made a policy almost impossible, even with a compass and map.
physical exhaustion and fatigue are factors that should not be underestimated. You have to concentrate all day on his way. Some of the small shell icons or the red-white trail markers are covered in snow, placed partly on the ground on stones. In the summer, to see great, now invisible.



food and bed. Just what I need. The Gite has actually Open all year, as it is in the guidebook. I get a bed in a community building. Whether I was making up, if anyone is sleeping in the room? Of course not. Later comes a 25-year-old forestry worker, driver of the wooden machine that I've heard this afternoon. He is very proud of his work. He is from St-Étienne, a week sleeping on the Gite, on weekends, he drives home.
dinner he will not go with me, he knew the map by heart. Menu du jour , daily menu of French home cooking with lots Vin de Pays , the red table wine.
The night's sleep is sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment