goes after a restful night and a good breakfast on it, ice cold air greeted me. I have to decide for the GR65, which runs on a mile-long ridge at about 700 meters, or for a range of small dirt roads, only to pass the Col du Mont Tournier. Because it is so cold here, and after the slip experiences in the past few days, I prefer the roads. But I will get through some remote hamlet.
The courts act as extinct at first glance. But if you come closer, you see people work diligently. Wood columns and repairs are as in olden times, the winter work of the farmers. Now is time for forest operations, the soil is frozen, something the machines do not sink to the axles in mud.
The rest is doing well and is very relaxing. I am starting wonder how one can live only in a city without going crazy. Unfortunately, I myself live in one.
disturbs nothing, no noise, no traffic, not even in Germany and in Holland anyway ubiquitous aircraft, which now has nearly everywhere are heard.
Only jays to deter and sound the alarm when I step on a branch or the leaves rustling under their boots.
After a few hours to reach the Col du Mont Tournier. The choice of route was correct, which is arriving at the height of GR65 quite icy. Most unpleasant paths on southern slopes. During the day the sun melts the snow or ice that freezes over in the afternoon again. The descent into the Rhone Valley is tedious.
In Germany you see many shrines with figural representations in France dominate the cross without corpus. This is probably the Religious wars between Catholics and Protestants, which I will discuss later some more.
in such crosses are usually stones, which are filed by pilgrims. You can take stones and endorse a piece to the next thinking time. Tradition has it that a stone on the road, or even better at home, to the Cruz de Ferro lift in Spain in order to deposit it on a medium because large pile of small and large rocks.
I myself have put a stone there and also a stone from the road, that's me too archaic. I also have to wear on my own body weight of 96kg and the equipment enough.
In the area I see a construction technique that I simply was not known, prefabricated with clay blocks. There were so houses and barns built. The blocks are 30-40 cm thick, three feet high and about two feet long. They are plugged with wood. If you need a recess, which can knock out a posteriori. The buildings are usually not rendered. The indoor climate in buildings is certainly pleasant, the mud and heat and humidity buffers coolness in summer.
Chapelle de Pignieux with three scallops on the facade.
St-Genix-sur-Guiers. There are places that are nice to me right away. Or not. St-Genix unfortunately falls into the second category. By Yenne, there were now 25 km here, according to the guide would be a stage. I will continue to search for a place with Good Vibrations .
on the banks of the River to Guiers Romagnieu. Sorry, no accommodation available.
La Bruyère, it begins to dawn, fog is coming. I need to tighten the pace if I do not want to run again in the dark.
beautiful example of the clay-filled construction.
Les Abrets, regional center. Isère, Regional Rhone-Alpes . It's shortly before 17 clock. Now your accommodation. The sign is quite far out, the center is still a long way. I go to the tourist information that is already closed.
An employee saw me standing and opens the door. There is no accommodation that would have opened.
He telephoned for a while, his face I can see immediately if he again gets a cancellation.
Then I can to stay in an apartment, but this is nice! Unfortunately, a few miles outside, even on the road I just came. He offers to drive me there. It is now dark. As I drove back the way will go again tomorrow and the same piece on foot, I agree. Quickly, I'm doing some shopping, he waits. Thank you!
inventory on the bed: my first bubble on this tour. Not bad, I open them with a needle and let it dry overnight without a patch. I remove bubbles always immediately if I notice. Pressure and friction points are thus prevented.
What I perceive is not as critical, but what is critical are the swollen ankles (A), and the spots (B). I rub the indeed a joint, but I should take a day with a short distance, Good Vibrations back or forth. St-Genix-sur-Guiers to Les Abrets there were again 14 km, then again today, a 40 km stage.
The spots I get apparently due to overheating of the foot in the boots. But it is too cold to make pauses that are long enough to be effective. Moreover, the days are quite short and I want to go (or, like in Frangy) relatively large distances.
I Meindl Air Revolution 2.0 Wear, Leder-/Kunststoffstiefel with Gore-Text membrane. The choice of shoes has fallen in the run very difficult. The shoes have been running some 500 kilometers spread over one year, but I'm still not sure if it's the right shoe for me.
For today I'm more worry about it. I cook me something, drink a few cans of beer and fall asleep happy.
0 comments:
Post a Comment