pleads in Psalm 27 to David God in a strong, insistent prayer. He asks in verse 7: " Lord, hear my voice when I cry mercy upon me and answer me!" ( Luther ). His prayer is about a desire an aspiration, something that consumed him completely: " one I desired of the LORD, will I seek " (27.4; Elberfelder ) .
David testified. "I have a prayer, Lord, a request, it is my single most important goal in life, my continuous prayer, the one thing that the requested I And. I will seek it with all that is in me. This is a matter consumed me as my goal in life.
Make no mistake, David was not an ascetic, who shuns the world out there. He was not a hermit, who wants to rush off to a solitary place in the desert. No, David was a passionate man of action. He was a great warrior with a huge mass of people that sang of his victories in battle. He was passionate in his prayer and devotion, with a heart that longed for God. And the Lord had blessed David with so many things that sprang from his heart desires.
fact David had tasted everything a man could want in life. He had wealth and prosperity, power and authority to know. He had received respect, praise and admiration of the people. God had given him Jerusalem as the capital of the kingdom, and he was surrounded by loyal men who were willing to die for him.
But most of all, David was a worshiper. He was a praise-meaning man, the God for all his blessings, thanks said. He testified, "The Lord laid on my blessings every day".
fact, David said it: "There is a lifestyle that I now striving -. a place of rest in the Lord, after which my soul yearns I want uninterrupted spiritual intimacy with my God. " This was what David said when he prayed: "That I am living in the house of the Lord all the days my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to reflect in his temple "(27.4).
0 comments:
Post a Comment