of all 150 psalms, Psalm 34 is my absolute favorite. It is about the faithfulness of the Lord who frees his children from large trials and crises. David declared, " I sought the Lord, and He answered me, and from all my fears, he saved me ... The angel of the Lord is deposited around those who fear him, and he rescues them. .. When the righteous cry out, listen to the Lord and they delivered ... Many are the misfortunes of the righteous, but saves him from all the Lord. " (Psalm 34,5.8.18.20; Elberfelder / Luther )
I know how this kind of "inner cry" sounds. Many of the loudest prayers of my life - my most important, heart-rending, fervent cries - were done in absolute silence.
Sometimes I was so paralyzed by circumstances that I could not speak, overwhelmed by situations that exceeded my comprehension so that I do not think clearly enough was able to pray. Sometimes I sat alone in my study so confused that I was incapable of the Lord to say about anything, but all the while screaming from my heart: "God, help me I do not know now just how to pray, hear the cry my heart. Deliver me from this situation. "
Have you ever been there, at that point? Have you ever thought, "I do not understand what's all this I am so overwhelmed by my life situation, so flooded with deep sorrow that I explain it, Mr. I do not even know what to tell you what is... going on? "
I think this is exactly what David went through when he captured by the Philistines was. When he wrote Psalm 34, he admitted: "I found myself in a situation so overwhelming that I played the role of an idiot, but inside I asked myself." What's going on in me? How did this happen? Lord, help "
And so it seems that David said," This wretch cried out from inside, not knowing what or how he should pray and the Lord heard and saved me . "It was a profound cry of the heart, and the Lord is faithful, He hears every whimper, no matter how weak.
0 comments:
Post a Comment